Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Glasto' 60 Day Challenge - Them's the Rules

Now then, well, I haven't done this before, but now seems as good as any time to start.

So, thanks to Mr Michael Besch, I once again have a ticket to the greatest music festival in the world, and in the build up to it, have decided to listen to a band a day - all of whom will be performing - and let you lucky folk know my thoughts on it. Alongside my good friend Rachel Ball, it's one album a day, for the next 60 days.

Worst case scenario? No-one cares what we write, but we get to listen to an album a day, many of which we won't have heard of before, maybe pick up a new favourite band along the way, and generally broaden our musical horizons.

Best case scenario? A few people are inspired to give our reccomendations a listen, we maybe gain a bit of a following, Lauren Laverne gets us on 6music a week before the festival and Emily Eavis throws a couple of backstage passes our way. We can all live in hope can't we?

So, the rules...

1) One album a day, to be listened to on the day of review.

2) Can be a straight review, or of course if it is something we are familiar with, a few emotions and stories may wing their way in there.

3) If you decide to join in, or are inspired to try out any of the music that we look at, please buy it legally. The music industry is struggling enough, we don't want any piracy in our town thanks.

Other than that, all I have to say is, let the Glasto' 60 Day Challenge begin.

I'll be back later with number one of the albums, and will stick up a link to Ms Ball as soon as I know it.

(P.S This all looks a bit amateur, I'll sort it out as soon as I understand it all/have time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment