Monday, May 9, 2011

Well, there had to be a downside to doing this - #18 Hurts - Happiness

And a downside there most certainly is, for i have to listen to stuff like this.

Can someone please pass on a message to Hurts to me if they happen to bump into them? Or perhaps you could hold up a huge sign at the festival or something, as I won't be going anywhere near the stage when these guys are on. I'd like it to go something like this..

HURTS. Stop it. It isn't 1983 anymore. Spandau Ballet have done this before. They even came back and did it again. That's enough. Thanks.

Admittedly, it would have to be a big sign, but it's an important message. We could maybe get a banner that the whole crowd could hold?

Am I being unfair? No, not really. See this isn't the first time I've had to listen to this album. I used to do album reviews on a weekly basis in my previous job, and this was one that I got sent to have a listen to. The strange thing is though, the rest of the media seemed to be going mad for it, whereas I just thought it was whiny, over-the-top pop crap.

I still do.

I don't want to go into much more to be honest. If you want a 'proper' music journalist's views on it, go and dig out the NME review or something. I think they gave it 8/10. Personally, I wouldn't have strayed past three.

No comments:

Post a Comment